Should PM be under Lokpal ? : my view

यहाँ पूरे जन्लोक्पल ड्राफ्ट पर चर्चा करें (केवल 2 पेज के पर्चे पर नहीं) ; Please discuss here on FULL Janlokpal draft (not just the 2 page pamphlet)

Moderators: kmoksha, sumit

Vijyan Darshan

Should PM be under Lokpal ? : my view

Post by Vijyan Darshan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:40 am

I think PM should not be under the authority of Lokpal.
Reason is very simple; if that were to be, one day credibility of a Lokpal would also be under suspicion.
Then due to credibility deficit, we must be having a" Super-Lokpal" over Lokpal, and then an other "Mega-Lokpal" over Super Lokpal and so on.

So where does the flaw exist ?
Flaw is centralization of power.
Giving a dictator-type power to Lokpal is not the solution.

An Agriculture Minister needs to have a specialized knowledge in Agriculture. Similarly, any minister needs to have a specialized knowledge in the respective port-folio.
But this is not the case with PM. PM does not need to have "specialized" knowledge in a particular field.
Work of a PM is more of a managerial kind, and important decision making.

But, PM is presently not elected "directly" by the people of Bharat.
As a result, he/she is not "directly" responsible towards the people of Bharat.

So I propose the following :
1. PM must be directly elected by the people of Bharat, that is, PM may or may not be from the winning party in Loksabha elections.
This will make PM directly "attached" & "responsible" to the people.
This will also ensure that the winning party' policies will be designed in interest of Nation and less in party's own selfish interests, because PM will not be (always) from the party itself.

2. "PM + Winning Party" must be under the Right to Recall.
So that, in case people find them not performing their duties, they may down-throne them through referendum.

this is my first attempt in the forum, I hope members will read and discuss it seriously.
thanks

janta mat

Re: Should PM be under Lokpal ? : my view

Post by janta mat » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 am

Vijayan,
Thanks for posting.

Yes, you are right that this process of having super-lokpal and mega-lokpal is endless and useless. The basic flaw is having too much power in few people due to which MNCs and other parties can exploit this situation easily. Now, 99% of people if they do not have fear of removal or punishment will sell out to MNCs and it is impossible to identify the 1% who will not sell out.
The MNCs cannot buy lakhs and crores of people but can easily buy few MPs and PM even.
Vijayan said-
So I propose the following :
1. PM must be directly elected by the people of Bharat, that is, PM may or may not be from the winning party in Loksabha elections.
This will make PM directly "attached" & "responsible" to the people.
This will also ensure that the winning party' policies will be designed in interest of Nation and less in party's own selfish interests, because PM will not be (always) from the party itself.

2. "PM + Winning Party" must be under the Right to Recall.
So that, in case people find them not performing their duties, they may down-throne them through referendum.
Very right. We suggest having the MPs under right to recall. Also , Vijayan , please propose a draft for right to recall . Without a procedure/draft, the proposal can easily become useless. Please see our proposed procedure at http://www.righttorecall.info/301.pdf, chapter 6, section 6.6.
Please give your comments on this procedure.
Please also see FAQs on RTR and transparent complaint procedure at
http://www.righttorecall.info/001.pdf

janta mat

Re: Should PM be under Lokpal ? : my view

Post by janta mat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Lokpal and other authorities should be accountable to the people, that is why RTR-lokpal, RTR-PM etc. is necessary. For punishment of the guilty and corrupt, we need RTR-Supreme court chief justice and Jury system. And without a transparent complaint procedure(s), corruption will not reduce. Please find proposed RTR-lokpal and transparent complaint procedure drafts at www.righttorecall.info/403.pdf
Say the PM and judges come under Lokpal. Then a honest lokpal cannot remain since the corrupt PM and judges will not let him remain( remember the judges only have the power to expel the lokpal).Only a corrupt lokpal can remain who will form nexuses with the PM and judges- police and harm innocent people by becoming a dictator.(Worse than what PM did to Swami Ramdev and his demonstrators).
Better solution will be RTR-lokpal and RTR-PM and RTR-Supreme court chief justice so that if these authorities become corrupt, the people can replace these people. Also we need transparent complaint procedure so that Janlokpal cannot ignore... complaint which is of lakhs of people. And Jury system to punish the corrupt (The judges are highly nepotic and corrupt).Please see chapters 1,6,7,21 of www.righttorecall.info/301.pdf for these procedures.

Return to “जनलोकपल ड्राफ्ट पर चर्चा ; Janlokpal Draft Discusson”